Tuesday, February 17, 2009

The three "ooo" men

A while back, when Michaela was about 5 years old, she called me to her room in the middle of the night because she was scared. When I got there, she told me that there were three "ooo" men standing outside her bedroom window.



Freaky, to be sure.

What I conjured up in my mind was three men dressed in black long sleeved t-shirts and black pants, standing in the shadows so you couldn't see their faces.



Since then, I conjur up a different idea of three men. This is a funny story, after all.


The Three Amigos, a la Chevy Chase, Steve Martin, and Martin Short. A very funny movie.


Anyway, back to the story.....




Of course, I opened up her blinds to show here there was no one out there. (Thank goodness, there wasn't.) She told me she could hear them. I comforted her, kissed her, and told her to go back to sleep.



A short time later, she called me again. She was adamant that she could hear three ooo men. Thats what she called it; the three ooo men. I sat down on her bed, and half asleep, prepared to listen for a bit, then tell her to go back to sleep. Surprisingly, I heard it too.

It did sound like three men saying "ooo" on an exhale, with a pause in between:

"ooo" pause "ooo" pause "ooo" pause

Wait, that sounds oddly familiar....



I started laughing. Michaela, who is still scared, looks at me funny. I explain through my giggles that what she hears is her father, in the room directly below hers, snoring away. What she could hear in her room did sound like "three ooo men".



This has been a family joke since then, as you could well guess.



So last night, when I was up one of many times with my sick baby, I heard the three ooo men. Jason has been sick as well, one of the symptoms being a nasty cough. It keeps me up at night, and combined with the baby keeping me up, it was just too much. He has been spending the last few nights in our guest bed, which is directly below the baby's room .



The three ooo men, revisited.

2 comments:

Ramsey said...

Very funny, I'm sorry your kids have been sick. Caleb & I have been feeling under the weather as well. I'm looking forward to SUMMER!

Cami said...

Wow, it's really going around! According to Josh, I have been oooing a bit myself.