She did get the pre-requisite training in ripping up seams, which even seasoned seamstresses still need to do now and then. She sewed one strip on upside down. After making her quilt, she said she wanted a sewing machine for Christmas! I told her I have my old one in a box; we can get it out, get it tuned up and then she and Payden can use that one whenever they want.
She tied this quilt, because we only had a couple of weeks. She did a fantastic job. I am so pleased that my daughters share some of my interests! It was fun to help her with this project, and she loves the quilt she made. It is hard to see in the pictures, but it is a yellow and white floral quilt in 12 inch squares. I made sure to let her know that I will teach her what I know, but that I was never trained; I taught myself what I know about sewing. Marlene did teach me how to tie a quilt, and for that I am very grateful. If my girls want to have perfect quilts and sewing projects, they will need to take classes or something! But maybe I am teaching them something more important; the joy of doing something for pleasure and not because of the outcome. Who said quilts need to be perfect anyway?

3 comments:
I once took a sewing class a couple of years ago and the instructor told me that every project should have a flaw somewhere:) I think it is great that they are wanting to learn.
Great job Michaela! It looks so nice! What a good idea for a YW project!
I love your cute quilt
Michaela!
way to go!!!!
Post a Comment