Friday, September 10, 2010

Our big move

Who is ready to go? The girls were! Here they are inside the moving van. I had tried to tell Jason that I thought we needed TWO U-hauls, to which he replied he thought we could "get away" with one. Um. 15 years and 4 kids worth of stuff is a lot of stuff.


How heavy is a piano? Just look at this picture and take a guess.

Here is our caravan. Not a very good picture, but we had our extremely overloaded U-Haul, Marlene's horse trailer packed full, a trailer Brian borrowed from a neighbor at the last minute when it became clear we needed more room, and my dads little trailer. All overloaded. We could have used a second U-Haul. Oh, well, we made it! We had many ward members help us load up, and lots of friends and family who helped clean, pack, load and drive.


Here is a picture of our new house. I thought I would show you these, then show you "after" ones later! This one is like Where's Waldo only Where's Corrine.


Oh, boy. I packed it all up myself, and unpacked it all myself. What fun.


Our first night there, we went out to eat with all of our helpers. The second night, we toasted to finally being in Utah!


Ahh, together at last!



Too cute.


Such a gourmet dinner to go with our toast, I think it was bratwurst!


So there you have it, here at last. I am so glad to be here, all together, and finally unpacked!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Great photos! I LOVE the picture of you and Jason- such a good shot! So glad you guys are together as a family and that your house is working out so well for you. Can't wait to come down for a visit!

Nichelle said...

Lots of changes:) Looks like everyone is handling them very well. We are so excited that everything has worked out for you. Is your dining room and kitchen similar to the one back in Chubbuck. Looking at some of the pictures I had to do a double take to make certain it wasn't your Chubbuck dining area. We miss you guys!