As you can see, our good friend is teaching our child a good life tool; how to make faces out of frosting. At first, Brian was seated across from Ava, and she was watching him play with his food with wide eyes. She said to him, "You are not supposed to play with your food!" and had us all laughing. But given the chance, she had a fun time doing it herself!
Payden and her grandma share a birthday, so they are sharing a cake and blowing out candles together too!
Watching a baby eat cake is always fun. We had everyone standing around holding cameras and video cameras, all documenting the event. We looking like the paparazzi. (SP?)
She dove right in to the frosting, staying pretty clean until my mom showed her how to put cake on her head. She ate some of the cake, but mostly just tore it apart and threw it on the floor.

I will try to get some video on here for interested family members. I always feel sort of bad giving my children their 1st birthday cakes. Here they are, just one year old, never had much treats before except maybe a taste here and there, and then I go giving them a bellyache on a plate. The only saving grace in this situation is that children this age have not learned the American talent of overeating; they stop when they are full!
It looked like Christmas at our house with 3 birthdays. Payden loved the MP4 player we got her.

3 comments:
How fun!!!! I love BIG parties.
I can't believe that corrine is one already. I still can't get over how much her face is changed...she is moving out of her baby body into her little girl body :(
Sounds like you guys had a good time. It's amazing how fast the time goes.
It was good to see you guys at the funeral. I can hardly believe how tiny your little girls are. They are adorable. I love your cakes. I am glad you all had a fun time.
Post a Comment